My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

A Letter of appreciation

Its late. I am at the horizon of another day and another overnight shift completed. Maybe its because exhaustion has melted my walls tonight; maybe its because I just watched the almost full moon walk her path illuminating my mind’s eye; or maybe just because I want to write you all a letter of appreciation tonight that these words are here for your review.

I am so fortunate that so many people have shared their path with me. Its seems that right now everyone is in the process of change and molding themselves towards visions they have. Two of you are trying to raise a child in a different HEALTHY way, absent of commercialization of the mind while simultaneously trying to go to that new home you have selected as a family. Two of you are trying to build your new home into something intertwined of two individuals who have chosen to share a path. Two of you, new friends, are trying to find your rhythms to the beating heart of New York, while someone is trying to build a dream practice from her own beautiful rhythms in life. While yet another of you attempts to create a web based dream that will sustain you both emotionally and financially, and another is completing nursing school to feed your soul and your family, and still yet two others are trying to build a home and job in the valley of a mountain scape. Then there is another who has begun a new teaching job, one not so easy and yet so important while she teaches herself what it means to be on her own path. How inspiring each of you are for me, while I attempt to continue my path through grad school and somewhere closer to me.

Some of you know each other, and some do not, but I am grateful that I get a chance to know each and everyone of you. I feel special in this, and very lucky that I get it too. It might be silly, but I so much am inspired by you. This is a time when change is the primary catalysts in so many peoples lives. How we go about doing it effects/affects the road ahead. As I attempt to find my road on this journey, I recognize that I learn and absorb the energy from those around me in all that I do...and that my grad experience - hard, very exhausting, and yet fun - is so much easier seeing those who stepped here before me and with me all at the same time.

Thank you for sharing your path. I am so grateful I have such a strong tribe.

Now I have to stop procrastinating and read my assignments!

With respect,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your writing style the mighty Gogo. You should come and visit us in the valley. Things are going well. Very busy with music stuff (which is a great problem)
Love and Hugs

8:50 PM, October 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too enjoyed your writing and look forward to reading more...It was a welcome release from books and learning. Come far south again when you can and we will pick each others minds.
Love you always

10:46 AM, October 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home