My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Traveling Through the Written Word

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness."
~Journal entry: Thursday, October 13, 2005~

When I get bored, I write. When I need to destress, I write. Even if it is horrible and the punctuation is bad, the grammar scribbled embarassment....and let's face it, you've seen my spelling. But I still do it. Its a comfort zone I think I'll keep doing it until they bury me with all my half torn sheets of words, dusty journals, and typed daily entries. I might even need to be cremated, all my years of words being tossed in, too many for one coffin. It would be a great bon fire that could last for days. Serious.

I write this because I completely bombed a paper for class tonight. I take solace in the fact that everyone sank this ship tonight in class as the Professor reminded us in lecture format the importance of good writing skills, of which, we did not offer up. It was so intense, the communal blaze of self-dignity and random outbursts of tears, I was very surprised that I felt okay. Given the Prof said we could rewrite them, so there...but it was more like this is what writing is all about. Trial and error. I even knew as I wrote the damn thing that I was not putting out any where near my best effort and I didn't even pretend to edit it. The fact that I can rewrite it meant, my half ass work might not count against me this time. Its true when true authors say, much of writing is failure. I guess what I am trying to say is, I understood for the first time tonight that this is all a part of the writing process and G-d damn do I love it.

Okay, so I do imagine there are people out there mensa oriented and very proud of their perfect writing who might snub me and this writing, but I really do like the flaws as well as the perfect with the written word. Its what makes me unique.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home