My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

View from Home




Long night. Wednesday is my study night - for sure, without doubt. Friends flow in and out to partake in this informal study group I've created. Its nice to have company among the clutter of studying at the coffee shop. Tonight's task is Lit searches again, this time I am looking at policies relating to the aging driver. I can happily get lost in Lit searches. My eyes go blurry from all the information being fed to my brain. I am contented by the process.

I have so much to do this semester. Perhaps it's self-induced amnesia, but I don't remember this much piled on at once. Its everything. Add to it trying to get my check list done for London, contacting people, filling out forms, while simultaneously covering my a$$ regarding Licensure for this country too. I read an article today regarding the cost of living in London. Its crazy. I'm going to wind up with 20 roommates or living in a closet. I think my idea of having a kitchen to cook in is quickly dwindling to a hot plate. I keep telling myself, if I can at least boil water for the morning coffee, I'll be okay. :) Ah, but less space means fewer things which means less clutter.

I don't know what else to say at this moment in my life. I have much more years of living to do, so I figure its best not to get overwhelmed by the little things, though my messy bathroom and piles of clothes causes a little anxiety at the moment. I can feel the clutter creeping in. What am I saying?! It's here, baby, and its getting heavy around the corners! But, it will get done. The best gift from life is time, I'm not spending it stressing about it all. Everything will get done one task, one step, one thought, one moment at a time. As for writing, unless its school related its not happening at the moment. No that's not true, I get cracks of writing on the weekends, but since Monday I have been trying to write in my personal journal without time to do so. Perhaps tonight right before I go to bed, or in the morning before work. It all depends on my threshold of tired.

What am I trying to say? Why did I decide to type words on this page tonight? The things that interest me seem weird to post about like Lit searches and London dreams....oh and the school gives away the New York Times in the building I have classes on Tuesday, so I find myself getting up earlier to drink coffee and read the paper before class starts. These things feel good to me in my busy world. These things comfort me when I read bad news or wake up to President Bush still being our president. I'm busy. This statement is my thematic overview for my life in school, and yet, here I am enjoying every moment....knock on wood.

Yes, I know. Boringly happy.

Till next time ~GoGo

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger paris parfait said...

A lovely post! Don't stress too much about the cost of living in London - everyone else is in the same boat and surely the school will help you find accommodations that are reasonable, with only one or two roommates?

11:11 AM, January 25, 2007  
Blogger Annie Z said...

Enjoyable post! I loved the snow pictures. It's very rare that I see snow. The iced over sun is great!
JTL
xxx

10:00 PM, January 26, 2007  
Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

I love that you are boringly happy!

And I love the iced over sun photo as well. Hey, I have a friend who is currently living in Oxford as a phD student and has been doing it for 3 years now. If you would like, I could ask if you could email her if you had questions. Just let me know.

9:27 PM, January 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home