My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday Scribblings: Fantasy

Mmm. Fantasy.
My thoughts go down
night time roads,
cheeks raising high
blushing
from the smile
curling upwards
while my eye brows
purse provocative
with the enjoyment
of images that roll behind the eyes.

~

Oh, but I’m not going there here. And no one here, is going there in my written words.

Ah, but in the darken night, under sheets wrapped tight, there is another fantasy I think of that is Parentally Granted for this page. Sleep. Yes, its time for the maundered routine written on this page of sleep fantasies brewing in my fuzzy 3rd shifted head.

But all good fantasies have a root in reality. So imagine a long night turning into longer, whether from a night of working or playing, or if you’re a parent, the ending of the long days negotiating the little ones' lower center of gravity and the energy to use it.

Now imagine, that the time draws closer to putting on the pajama pants and rolling into bed. Imagination turns to the covers feeling nice and warm while the air around you rolls soft and sweet. Imagine the darkness of sleep pulling at your eyelids and the blankets suddenly become a cocoon wrapped around you, nurturing you from all things outside of that moment. That moment when the wakened mind succumbs to darkness and that black screen of unconsciousness turns on the stories brewed in your head. The walls begin to fill with plants growing upward and orange tangerine flowers burst out from their shells, popping with sparkler’d finesse. Imagine them growing stronger and taller breaking down all those walls, opening the dreamscape to full access.

Where does the mind take you when you finally sleep? Do dragons roam a purple sky or do crimson veils breathe the wind around you? Does your boss become a big powder puff that blows away by the sheer force of your goodbye? Does your child become your counterpart in play as you fly without wings in the sky? Do you even breech those fantastical lands that await the wakened imagination owning no limits, no physics' rules? I do. At that moment...at that purest moment when the worn body opens to the threshold of unconditional unconsciousness, I yield to all my fantasies of sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not my best ramble on the page, but I'm looking forward to sleeping.

Go here if you want to read more of this week's submissions to Sunday Scribblings.

And Good luck to Laini who is at ALA this weekend.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so neat, and I could feel my eyes growing heavy as I read your fantasy about sleep. You could sell that to a hypnotist and make a few bucks.

The bit with the color was creative. I never would have thought of that. And thanks for the comment. :)

4:46 AM, January 21, 2007  
Blogger Kamsin said...

Sweet dreams!

10:42 AM, January 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the bit about the brow pursing provocative.
Now I want to go right back to sleep and dream up a fantasy or two.
Enjoy your Sunday.

12:20 PM, January 21, 2007  
Blogger Liza on Maui said...

Oh I love this post. I can fantasize sleep with you.

12:36 PM, January 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang girl, NICE writing.

8:53 PM, January 21, 2007  
Blogger Cate said...

"Does your boss become a big powder puff that blows away by the sheer force of your goodbye?"

YES! Yes, yes, yes!

I loved this post. I'll be taking the image of blowing my boss into a powder puff with me--such a fun and perfect image! xo

8:23 AM, January 22, 2007  
Blogger Writer Bug said...

Nice post! It was so detailed that I'm finding myself getting drowsy. Not good since it's noon and I'm at work!

12:19 PM, January 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home