My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Spring Semester 2007

First week back to the grind of school is always busy. Getting situated with classes, organizing the internship, downloading all the articles we have to read is a muttered mess of organization. Added to this, I had to work out some details for graduation this spring. I am graduating in Spring 2007, but am taking a couple more classes this summer to fulfill some elective credits. That’s the task commentary for the week. I am taking three classes - a policy class on Aging, Family and Group therapy, and a MSW administrative class. The last class is going to be the tedious one. We are learning how to "develop" a program. Yeah, I’d rather do hands on learning, thank you.


Internship is going swell. I am training a new MSW intern, so there will be two of us now. I keep meaning to post more about what it is like to be a MSW intern at a Veterinary Teaching Hospital for the owners of animals in crisis. It’s a rather unique experience. Its also nice to have a fellow student involved for two reasons. It takes the spot life off of me as the poster child for this unique placement and I have company. Its nice to have another student around to talk about the whole affair.


Which leads me to the job. I did not get my promotion. Oh, not because of anything I did or didn’t do. The position I was gaming for was filled by someone laid off. In fact, no one interviewed for the position, the union simply demanded she get the job opening. Personally, I am disappointed, but completely understand. If I was laid off, I would hope the union would help me to get another job within the organization quickly. It just happens in this case, it was another woman and the job I wanted. Ironically, I will be working with her, so I’m glad I see the bigger picture in all of this. Lets hope she has a good personality. Still I’m bummed I didn’t get the promotion.

That's the week in a nutshell. Pretty dry at the moment. It takes time to settle into the routine of things. But isn't this the cutest kitty pic! Somewhere, somehow, I turned into a big ball of mush for furry things.

~GoGo

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi. I'm glad you have a sidekick in your unique working world now.... that should make it fun. And I'm sorry the promotion didn't work out. Hope this semester treats you well!

12:23 PM, January 13, 2007  
Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

Sorry about the promotion, or lack thereof. I love the picture of that cat!

BTW, I tagged you!
http://ruminatingintheroses.blogspot.com/2007/01/i-was-tagged.html

9:28 PM, January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home