My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

A Conversation on the Over Night

L: Hey, what's that artists name?

G: Can you be more specific?

L: You know, that artist?

G: Yeah, I can't help you.

L: You know that artist, his name starts with a C.

G: With a C?

L: Yeah.

G: I'm not good with names.

L: No, you know. That artist whose name starts with a C. You know.

G: I got nothing.

L: You know - C Something, C something!

G: Cat Stevens?

L: Yeah, that's it.

Then we You tubed him

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger kunal kundu said...

Sweet song...... I was expecting a video also!

11:46 AM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger mareymercy said...

I've tried my hardest to forget Cat Stevens, dammit, and now you've gone and reminded me.

1:04 PM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger Alex S said...

I LOVE his music! I don't think I could ever tire of his lyrics and beautiful songs. The only other I love as much maybe are Harry Chapin and Van Morrison. I know, I am in a time warp but I don't care!

3:04 AM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Jim C. Hines said...

I have friends who tell similar stories about customers who want that book, "With the blue cover, by that one guy..."

I'm very impressed that you figured out the artist!

8:11 AM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger Kamsin said...

His name is Yusuf Islam now, allegedly he was in Sarajevo last week. All my students kept asking me do you know Yusuf Islam - Cat Stevens, he's going to be with them in Paradise, apparently. Now he's a Muslim and all.

12:02 PM, December 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home