My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Goblin Quest by Jim C. Hines


Jim C. Hines is a friend of mine and author. The book below is a must read for the fantasy reader out there. I didn't want to just post a plug for a friend, but one hell of a writer too!
He doesn't know I am doing this, I wanted to surprise him. So buy the book and read it!
~GoGo


In the history of grand adventures, heroic quests, and noble battles, goblinkind has never been more than a footnote.
All that is about to change....
When Jig's patrol is ambushed by a group of adventurers, he does what goblins do best: throws down his weapon and surrenders. Thus begins Jig's quest, as the adventurers force him to serve as their guide through the labyrinth of tunnels beneath the mountain. Led by Prince Barius Wendelson, their goal is an ancient magical artifact, hidden here ages past.
As the group moves deeper into the tunnels, Jig finds himself face to face with creatures of goblin legend: ogres, trolls, not to mention the long-dead servants of the dreaded Necromancer, all leading to one final, deadly battle.
To survive, Jig will have to find a way to combine heroism with his own goblin ideals. The result is an unpredictable adventure that will leave readers cheering this unlikeliest of heroes and questioning the most basic traditions of fantasy quests.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

I'll have to check this book out for Jen. She loves this genre of books and is an avid reader. I've been looking for christmas gifts for her. She might like this book.

5:53 PM, November 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really read fantasy books, but this one sounds interesting..I'll get it for my lil bro from amazon! He is SUCH a fantasy buff--writing his own currently, at age 11! Thanks for the recommendation

11:33 AM, December 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home