My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

for mandy

Walking with stationary thoughts,
tucked away on the loading dock,
while watching this city move.
I am reminded of you,
thoughts unfold from the envelopes
of living,
the stickiness of the seal
long since worn open.
I remember you –
age 3 running around
in the rays of the sun,
bare naked
and liberated
from any thought of indecency.
I remember you
at 6-years-old,
eyes closed
while pumping the legs
back and forth
forth and back
on the swings,
watching the colors
change
from yellow to red,
red to yellow,
the head tilts further and further back.
You hung like a board
arms tethering you to flight,
until you bonked your head
on the ground,
scraping skin
and bleeding your favorite color.
Tears were a momentary response
turned into another story
about how once,
while watching the black screen
of closed eyes light up into the Technicolor
from the sun, you scraped your head.
~A Letter From You~

Slowly, I am reconnecting to my words.

oh, and its snowing AND its sticking!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Glad you are reconnecting to your words. And congratulations on reaching the finish. You should be proud of yourself. Hope you get to enjoy a break.

1:39 PM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

I love this poem. I'm glad that the words are reconnecting with you. I hope you have lots of time now to start feeling your words again.

10:10 PM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger mareymercy said...

I love the use of color in this poem!

11:01 PM, December 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way it's structured and the way it flows.

7:42 AM, December 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your words are coming back, and that you are sharing them with us. Wonderful poem.

5:49 PM, December 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Random find tonight. I have read back logs. Beautiful. Please write more.

jpl

5:04 AM, December 09, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I think it's a lovely poem! Glad you're finding more time to write.

4:02 PM, December 11, 2006  
Blogger [a} said...

Oooh I LOVE this poem!!! "tethering arms to flight" "bleeding your fav. colour"
I love the reminescing structure of it.

4:11 AM, June 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home