My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sunday Scribblings

Hallejuah ~K.D. Lang~

In the last hour, I've spent my time thinking about spending the day working for Goldenrod Music, the music company I once worked for. It was the annual open house. I've worked the open house the 2 Decembers since I quit to go to Grad School. This song sums up my experience working in this all women space with these beautiful women from 2002-2005. It changed my direction entirely.

Thank you,

Amanda

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had heard that Kd lang did an amazing version of Halleleujiah. Wow. Thank you for posting that. She is wonderful wonderful wonderful. Your experience must have been quite profound if it's captured in that performance.

8:15 AM, December 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hands down the best version I've ever heard of this song. KD can (and does) make a straight woman weak in the knees.
Thanks for sharing!

9:00 AM, December 03, 2006  
Blogger mareymercy said...

There is NOTHING k.d. can't sing and make her own. She has such a perfect voice. I cannot gush about her enough. Have you heard "Shadowlands"? You must give it a listen if you haven't yet.

9:09 AM, December 03, 2006  
Blogger Jessie said...

I enjoyed watching/listening to this. Thanks for the link. ;)

11:45 AM, December 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a powerful song and performance. Thanks for sharing it today.

12:42 PM, December 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cried in shrek when this was played...i wept today. i watched it twice. thanks

2:24 AM, December 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so love this song. I'd never heard KD Lang's version. Thanks for sharing it!

11:57 AM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

Thanks for the comments. I'm not sure why comment moderation was on...turned it off!

Leonard Cohen originally wrote and performed this song. I really enjoy K.D. Lang's version also. You can find this song on her album "Songs from the 49th Parallel".

And yes, Ti, working at Goldenrod was a very good decision on my part.

Later.

~gg

2:48 PM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

I absolutely love this song. Thank you for posting k.d Lang's version. I never knew she could sing like that. I'll have to check into more of her songs. Thank you, GG.

6:33 PM, December 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home