My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Post Number 315

Sitting at the coffee shop drinking chai tea and quickly loosing my attention span for my policy class and the readings on practice advocacy. It’s a pertinent topic. It reflects the idealism and doer attitude I have, and yet I’m kind of done reading about the topic. This program I am in is most definitely circular in educating. I’ve read this before, with different words. I’ve been on this page by another author. I’m done for the night.

My thoughts go instead to tinkering with words, letting them mix and mesh. When and where can I use the words isolated absolution? I have no idea how those two words got fused in my cerebellum, but now I want to incorporate them in a paper or something.

OR Can I write a poem about orange tangerines without sounding redundant? Seriously. I have the line “She was an orange tangerine…” Sounds like a song title, really.

My thoughts go toward a need to go to the grocery store tonight to pick up some ingredients I need for this Friendship bread I am making. Do you know about Friendship bread? It’s a yeasty substance passed from friend to friend. You follow this 10 day complication and then you split the yeast concoction into some you give away while the rest is made into your own loaf of bread. Now that I think about it, it’s a very friendly STD, without the sex. Did I mention the idea was created by the Amish? Hmm. What if my bread doesn’t rise, does it mean I am not a good friend? I actually love this idea and look forward to making the bread tomorrow night. I do hope the bread rises though.

My thoughts go and go and go. My thoughts go anywhere but where they should be, in the book doing a voice over narrative for the practice advocacy text I am reading. Hmm. Perhaps if my internal dialogue mimics a Welsh accent while reading?... Do I even know how to do a Welsh accent?

Good night,

gg

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Rose of Sharon said...

"....friendly STD without the sex"..... good one, GoGo! LOL!

9:28 AM, January 18, 2007  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I like the idea of passing along the bread - and your wacky ideas! :)

4:20 PM, January 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mama has done friendship bread since I was in college. She took a break for a few years (she got tired of HAVING to make it every 10 days or whatever).... so then she had to wait around until another friend of hers received it to then receive it again herself. Anyway, it's delicious!! Have you ever tasted it? I'm sure you'll love it and I bet it'll rise just fine.

And if it's an STD without the sex, it's also an STD without the nasty symptoms!

6:56 PM, January 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across one of your older posts. I can't stop reading. There is something in the words that I want to touch. I want to know more. When I read your posts, I become the subject. Good writing.

10:42 AM, January 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home