My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Blessing in the Air


Cheeks feeling tired from another night, my book bag dangles from my shoulder, I’m about to go home. Finishing conversations and inside jokes with coworkers, laughter lingering in the throat, a smile washes away the worn, and I am feeling like those familiar pair of jeans again. I am comfortable in myself, fitting just right.

Walking out right before dawn, a crow flies out from the night, landing on my car. I am still, watching her eyes stare back at mine. Thoughts flash in my head of my childhood and womanhood coalescing into a pirouette of self-embodiment. This last year’s work greets me in those crows eyes recognizing me. I am humbled by her presence, sharing with me another conversation from the universe. The crow squawks a blessing into the air and my breath is struck silent in the listening and then off she goes two circles and into the night she returns. I have no idea if any of my plans will work out, but here I am about to go home.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Talk about a master of imagery and language: "Thoughts flash in my head of my childhood and womanhood coalescing into a pirouette of self-embodiment." I am right there with you, staring eye to eye with that crow, and happy for you, comfortable and on the cusp of an adventure.

GoGo, you rock. xo

10:02 AM, January 14, 2007  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Lovely writing, Amanda. I'm so pleased you're fully embracing the adventures that are unfolding. Won't be long until you're in London!

5:32 AM, January 15, 2007  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Beautifully written account of one of those wonderful unforgettable encounters with nature

6:21 AM, January 15, 2007  
Blogger Annie Z said...

beautiful writing. I really enjoyed reading this.
JTL
xxx

6:38 AM, January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home