My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

meme squared

Good twilight,

I have two memes to address tonight. Beansprout sent me the first one and Ruminating in the Roses sent me the second one. I am suppose to tag folks, but am going to say anyone who wants to can consider themselves tagged.

Meme 1
This is how it works:
1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page.
5. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.

Richard, H. (2006). Advocacy Practice for Social Justice. Lyceum Books; Chicago: IL.
"The degree of content detail you can put into your presentation (whether in-person, on the telephone, or in a written manner) will vary in strict correlation with the amount of time you have to present. In a meeting of five or more minutes, you can probably do a thorough job if you are well prepared. However, in a very brief meeting (going up three floors in an elevator, for example), you may have only one or two sentences for each of these points or you may have to combine important points in one sentence" (Hoefer, 2006, p.123)


First thought when I read this - Are you serious. Interpretation of text: The amount of detail you put into a presentation varies depending on the time you have to present. My second thought - I really have to read this for class? Excuse me, I have to practice my elevator presentation skills.

Meme 2
1. If you had to choose one vice in exclusion of all others what would it be?
At this moment, not reading dry and what I believe to be self-evident books for class. Just not reading them and B.S.ing my way through the discussion part of class. Okay, I’m going to do that anyway.
2. If you could change one specific thing about the world what would it be?
I always feel like questions like this are hard. My end result I’d want is world peace, harmony, etc. So, I guess what I would change are the precepts of one God and mine’s better of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.
3. Name the cartoon character you identify with the most.
Calvin from Calvin & Hobbs. That or a mix of Bucky Katt and Satchel Pooch.
4. If you could live one day in your life over again which one would it be?
I haven’t had that day yet, though there have been many days that I love very much.
5. If you could go back in history and spend a day with one person who would it be?
This is too hard. One?! Empress Wu. You should check her out.
6. What is the one thing you lost, sold or threw away that you wish you could have back?
My red bike if you mean by lost it was stolen. If not, then there is really nothing missing.
7. What is your one most important contribution to this world?
Uh...um...I’m a cool big sister and aunt. No pressure with this question, aye.
8. What is your one hidden talent that nearly no one knows about?
I’m a fantastic shower singer. Tehe. Everybody already knows I can read palms.
9. What is your most cherished possession?
My journals.
10. What one person influenced your life the most when growing up? My grandmother.
11. What one word describes you better than any other?
GoGo.
I totally cheated, didn't I.



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Annie Z said...

I loved the first meme. So, I decided to take it on!
JTL
xxx

5:39 AM, January 20, 2007  
Blogger GoGo said...

P.S. For anyone who cares, my friendship bread was most excellent.

7:45 AM, January 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bread is good, huh? LOVED your last answer. Creative. :)

10:02 AM, January 20, 2007  
Blogger BendingPeak said...

Glad the bread turned out. Great memes.

10:46 AM, January 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home