My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Count me down, but not out

I just passed the one month marker toward graduating. Yes, that’s right this GoGo’s going to be graduating May 4th. I am very excited, albeit tired at this moment. It’s a double edge date. On one edge, all nice and shiney is the symbolic finality of this 2 year program (i.e., graduation ceremonies). I have worked hard (internship, school, work – oh my!) and cannot believe the end is so near. On the other edge, all sharp and pointy, it’s a countdown date for all the final projects due, forms to submit and the cap and gown to buy. In other words, every day toward that date brings me closer to another deadline.

I find it ironic because last year I totally made fun of my friend The Chief (all Hail), who waited till the last minute to purchase her own cap and gown. Not in a bad way, but most definitely had a laugh on her account. Hey now, her gyrlfriend, Driftwood, laughed with me. The poetic justice in this is I too find myself pushing the envelope in purchasing the thing. Yeah. Let Go and Let Karma I always say. ;)

Anywho, I wanted to publicly state I am aware the cap and gown is SOO a last minute buy.

Here I am nearing the end of what really was the primary relationship I had to this blog - school. My experiences are coming to an end. I began this blog as I started school. I wonder, will I continue my residence in blogville after I graduate? I still don’t know. I am no Dooce, no Twitches, no Daring To Write. What I am is a little bummed out at this moment. I want to write the reflections and life stories as I countdown to graduation, EXCEPT currently the pointy side of my countdown is keeping me a little distracted.

You know, the more I think about it, this GoGo feels misinformed by faculty who told us the first semester was the hardest but failed to mention the last semester is the busiest. I'm just saying a little "Dude, you're screwed" would have been helpful.

Smiles.

Ah well. If I am not heard from this month, know that I am well and heading toward another finish line…Thee finish line.

The Ironman of finish lines.

As Always With a Smile and a Laugh,

GoGo

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mareymercy said...

Well, twitches hasn't exactly been paying much attention to her blog lately, either...and what is there is decidedly un-poetic at the moment. Writers will always come back to writing, but a lot of us do have to take breaks every once in awhile, to re-fill the coffers. As you move forward into a new phase of your life, you will most definitely have new material to write and reflect about. Perhaps it will be in the form of a blog, or in some other form. Maybe your blog will be reborn as something new and exciting, just as your life most certainly will do!

9:11 AM, April 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home