My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Loss in my community

Photo link
Robert Busby died this week. It turns out he was murdered in his business. To me this gentleman represented community, leadership, and compassion. I never spent time in his presence without feeling contentment permeating from him. He was a brilliant businessman, supporter of local music, and his art gallery, Creole Gallery, felt like a piece of home to me. Some of my foundest memories of this town was reviewing the art on the walls and listening to music in his gallery. I feel this sense of loss for myself and this community. I wish I had a photo showing his beautiful smile. I once wrote that a person's death was like a drop of rain creating ripples in a river. His loss is a huge ripple that affects this whole town. He really was impactful, beyond generous in kindness. I am honored to have worked directly with him and to have been in his pressence.
We have been cheated a good soul.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Writer Bug said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this! Do they know who did it? How sad and scary.

5:01 PM, February 28, 2007  
Blogger mareymercy said...

Murdered! How terrible? I hope the culprit is caught...how sad for your community.

5:28 PM, February 28, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet Mother, I never knew him personally, but like everyone else, knew of his work and the way he made people laugh. So sorry for your loss.

11:39 PM, February 28, 2007  
Blogger kunal kundu said...

Really sorry to know about this.....

2:25 AM, March 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home