My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

free thought randomness

untitled
It’s funny how
time
can refresh the skin.
It’s funny how
time
can bring insight into our stories.
It’s funny how
time
can take the back seat
forcing some moments to last forever.
They don’t, they never do.
But sometimes they can feel like forever,
stretching on and on and on,
and I begin to wonder if anything will ever change.
Sure things always change.
I grow into this beautiful woman and self,
collecting myself in this life
like a really fuck!ng good story,
but residuals of unkempt stories linger
like broken strands of fabric frayed
by their unending-ness.
I wear these unfinished stories like
oily skin, self-doubt pimpled on the cheeks.
Then,
one moment,
random
and not planned
turns the tables,
and
I can see
what those strands are good for.
It’s funny
how random conversations
with random friends
can take
time
out of the back seat
we begin to drive somewhere else.
I did not plan this change,
did not even expect it could happen,
but here I am
exfoliated
by it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

" . . . like a really fuck!ng good story, but residuals of unkempt stories linger like broken strands of fabric frayed by their unending-ness."

I am in that place right now; you give me hope! xo

P.S. Absolutely incredible writing, as always.

10:20 PM, February 25, 2007  
Blogger BendingPeak said...

AMAZING.
Love love love. "but here I am exfoliated by it."
Sounds like a prefect way to end your weekend.
~Heather

10:56 PM, February 25, 2007  
Blogger Elspeth said...

This speaks volumes.

7:03 AM, February 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home