My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

compass

Time has filled itself to the brim of my day with academic obligations, work negotiations, and internship reviews. Still something has changed. Something in me and around me has moved. It feels as simple as moving a knickknack from one shelf to another, a minor detail only the owner would notice, yet I am impacted like my whole house has changed.

My internal compass twists and sways in my days ever steady, it continues to point out my direction. When I turn south it reminds me where my north still resides. With this, the pace in my days does not faze me like it once did, though I still look forward to reprieves, still defend against built up stress…still think my administration class is just plain stupid.

~GoGo

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Elspeth said...

I like how you described the feeling of a knickknack being moved yet it's as if your whole house has changed. I know that feeling.

5:05 PM, February 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home