My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Dear Diary,

There is a muffled silence outside. Snow drifts in powdery wetness. The whole day has this dreary grey ring outlining everything. I can’t help but feel it around me. I just want to take a nap, wrapping myself under blanket and quiet. Everyone in the school program seems to be feeling the way I am these days, like we are crawling towards spring break - fingers digging into the snow and ice pushing the dead weight of school forward, arms aching from the pull. Thoughts flash in my head of car rides under blue skies opening. I want to go now. Even if I weren’t going anywhere, I’m excited about a week off. Excited about just letting this heavy school, work, internship load drop at my side. Let those sidekick piles of mine collect momentary dust.

There is this huge part of myself that says that I should use the week to fine polish school projects and catch up on some readings. Be responsible. Make sure I make every penny I am paying for this program count. Yeah, no. My own personal rhetoric I’m too exhausted to live up to. I’m kicking it to the curb next week, leaving it in the dust of my wheels squealing.

That’s about it. Next stop tonight is a spinning class. Um, the bike kind. I don’t want to go. I can think of a thousand AND one reasons I really couldn’t possibly…but I know I will feel better if I go. My eyes won’t feel so worn and that dreariness outside won’t stick to my skin.

I really write that last statement for myself. I’m trying to persuade, convince…just plain make it happen.

Cheers. GoGo

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger BendingPeak said...

I am excited for you to get to go away for a bit. Enjoy your weekend and don't forget the pictures!

11:15 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Writer Bug said...

AS you know from my blog, this time of year is hard for me too. Hope you're feeling better. Exercise usually helps me, so hopefully you liked your spin class.

5:02 PM, February 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home