My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Urban Palette: Sunset in the Neighborhood


These are photos I took yesterday evening while playing with my camera. After the NC trip, I hadn’t charged either of my batteries, so I only got in a few pics before the camera died. I wanted to spend the evening playing with the camera, getting more comfortable with it, and practicing how to take a shot. Alas, not this time.

Close up these are great shots. My block is the transient part of the neighborhood. The beginning of spring looks worn, decaying, and the alleyway, which these shots are from, looks like winter just washed all the urban clutter into view. Then something happens as spring takes hold. All those cracks and dingy walls fill up with plants and flowers. Even vines frame the graffiti.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Elspeth said...

Hi Gogo, you'd asked for an update on the seabird I found. She died on Friday. E.

6:49 AM, April 01, 2007  
Blogger MAHIMA said...

these photos are lovely too. very urban. beautiful all the same.

3:07 AM, April 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home