My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Bus Rides and Grab Bags: Its What I Got Today

Tuesdays are bus days, even if my car was working. :o). I enjoy going from apartment to school and back this way. Its a ritual of quieting myself before class. Also, while my classmates are complaining about parking prices on campus, I get the satification of knowing I spend a dollar for an entire days worth of getting chauffered. But what I get from the bus ride is more than stress reduction from parking hell. Riding the bus is like taking an urban hike through one's own life. I go in and out of the buses listening to the quiet or the noises that life has around me. Today seemed to be an 80s theme in the music filtering in my life.

My routine when I leave my home is, I walk up the street past the civic players building turn right then toward the bus stop. Noises of birds greet my ears or sometimes my neighbor clinking away on some car renovation he is doing for a friend. At the stop, I have come accustomed to the tree that drips on me when it is wet has a specific creak when the wind blows. It comes from this one branch on the east side of it, and I wonder if it will change as it grows. Sometimes I am kept company by the most interesting people, like the man who hates to be late or the girl who has to stand on the right side of people.

The bus itself is like a grab bag of experience. I am either completely internal with myself, quiet...or like a sponge absorbing the energy or conversations of those around me. Sometimes, I engage in conversation. Today was quiet, with the exception of Black Velvet playing from the driver's radio and the left tire seemed louder than the rest.

Now, I am at the computer lab listening to the low hum of conversation around me...someone has a rash(eww)...someone is trying to access that email sent...someone is breaking up over the phone while typing an email while someone punches paper. Me, I am here...I am also getting a good look at rash girl and multitasking breakup girl.

Peace,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home