My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

This Day, This Me Gets This Poem Tonight

A Community of the Spirit
Rumi

There is a community of the spirit.
Join it, and feel the delight of walking in the noisy street
and being the noise.
Drink all your passion, and be a disgrace.
Close both eyes to see with the other eye.
Open your hands, if you want to be held.
Sit down in the circle.
Quit acting like a wolf, and feel the shepherd's love filling you.
At night, your beloved wanders. Don't accept consolations.
Close your mouth against food. Taste the lover's mouth in yours.
You moan, "She left me." "He left me." Twenty more will come.
Be empty of worrying. Think of who created thought!
Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?
Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking. Live in silence.
Flow down and down in always widening rings of being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home