My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Sitting In My Living Room Doing Some Living

Post Thanksgiving and I am feeling fine. How did you all do with the seasonal feast?
I spent the morning driving down in good conversation and fun with a friend being dropped off for her own journey, mixed in with a little car maintenance and cold fingers. I DID NOT WIN THE GAME “COW, I WIN”. Then spent time at my Grandmother’s house looking at old photos with my siblings, catching up on time between us, laughing and playing. The bonus gift of the day was the opportunity to take some photos home with me. I felt like I had strapped my little girl in the passenger seat and brought her home to live. I recommend everyone feel this kind of event in their lives at least once.

In the evening, I picked up the friend from her home, not without a little conversation with her family that had me almost pissing my pants. Its one of those conversations to share in the private sphere, not the blog unfortunately, but I will offer that there is nothing like capturing time with other people’s family. I also recommend trying this when opportunity strikes. We did not leave without a little 5 finger discount of bad habits that I and others need to quit…snagging cartons of cigarettes. I ended the evening by throwing cigarettes into the water in the darkness of night, each one represented tangled parts of me. I threw them like firecrackers from my hand and listened as each hit the water in a staccato bang. I imagined releasing all which bond me to smoking into the water, some were things I carried for way too long and really were not about me. My little girl asked for her turn and threw them as far as she could and she jumped for joy as she did it. I felt her waken inside of me and tug my heart on our sleeve.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home