My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Rule #1: Let Go and Let Karma

Another day ending, when the sunrise greets me like a sunset.
When the beginning of your day ushers me home to bed.
When the best idea ever invented is me stretched out, hands under pillow,
pillow curved with proper intent beneath my head.

Another over night shift completed. Another day done and I am ready to sleep. I was going to write something funny about karma and how its real...so watch out, but I couldn't make it sound funnier then that show named after that guy Earl, so I changed my mind.

When I started this blogg, I was doing it out of reaction to a friend telling me that she loved to read my words. I continued to write it because I like this self coming from the page. I've written myself on a page for over 22 years starting with my official "diary" at age 7. At this point in my life, there is a part of me that exists in words. Though I still hand write my personal journal and write other prose (including Grad papers!), this medium forces the written part of self to not be so dire or hard pressed to judge me bad. Its like this - writing a blog is like putting the romance back in my relationship with myself in the written word.

Why do I tell you this? Is it the mad ramblings of a very tired girl?...and I feel just like that...a girl these days. Nah, its written with intent, never doubt that. I write this because I get how powerful life is for me right now. I get the importance of the simple confidence of writing myself on a page - flawed, etched, human. I get the importance of my struggles as a flawed, etched, human. I get the significance of GoGo on a Page.

I also get to hide behind a psuedonym, no blogg access to my email address, and simple rules that Dooce passed along in her own flawed, etched, human experience.

1 Comments:

Blogger kunal kundu said...

Hi!...... you have an interesting space.......

7:41 AM, January 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home