My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

How to be a SuperHero

Someone the other day informed me how together I was. We've all had that right - The misinformed friend who offers a fantastic comment that cannot be anywhere near true. I mean can anyone out there truelly say they have it together? I will admit I do enjoy the fact that people might think I have it together. Why not, in this day and age, its the closest image one can have to a super hero. :0). (I just cracked myself up).

Anywho, I liked the compliment...it was nice. Part is true...I do the work that it takes to present myself as together. I mean LOTS of work! And this kind of work is not a 40 hour a week gig either, its 24/7 and hard...but I digress. Instead of just listing all the things that are not together in me, I try to appreciate what is seen by the person. What looks together and why...and how the hell can I incorporate it to the rest of my life. But in the end, I don't have it together and that's just the way it is. I am okay with that too. I have to be, otherwise I negate the human side of myself...or at least that is what I tell myself. So for all those people who present as together and aren't always, I am listing 5 things on both side of the spectrum...just to remind myself we all live somewhere inbetween.

Together:
My Bill paying system
My music collection
My attitude on most days
My Eletronic library system
My patience

Most definitely NOT Together:
I'll just own it, relationships
My house
My ability to work out on a regular basis
Feeling vulnerable around other people
Letting myself not appear together

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Balance. Good way to look at it.

11:35 PM, November 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home