My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

always ready to go...

I sat in a room tonight, listening to another passer-by pass by. She told me a story of a stormy old road that I know. She told the story of not staying but going; she carried nothing with her, so she could always go. She talked of London, 2 years from now. She talked of Denver along the way. Her words drifting off the lip, I watched myself unfold. Leave it all and start over. This mirror reflection in a sandy orange shirt spoke my journey back at me.

What do you say to the concave mirror speaking, this serendipitous event colliding into my obscure reality?

I sat there and listened. Traveled her lines into my own story. That couch picked up on the side of the road, the dishes passed along from a friend. Stay simple and own nothing ‘cause you’ll be leaving it all in the end. She spoke of what to carry while unfurling baggage we picked along the way. Without a doubt she was not gonna stay.

It’s a casual conversation, neither of us met before. My road and hers happened to come across the same door. I didn’t know when I opened it, what this time had in store.

Now I sit here thinking, trying to wrap up this time. Two passers-by passed by and I said goodbye to that silly old road that I know. The one where I’m always leaving; always got someplace else to go. Nothing to carry, no one to know. Just me on my journey, so I’m always ready to go!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Writer Bug said...

what a dreamy/ethereal post! I love the way you draw the future so specifically that it feels like the present... Not sure if this is truly your situation now, but if so, go to London! I love that city. And thanks for stopping by my blog last week. It had been a while since we caught up! :)

4:26 PM, September 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home