My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

porch steps


I’m sitting in the early morning, watching the neighborhood wake up. Cars take their slow turns in and out of the alleyway toward work and owners walk their dogs. A few foot travelers walk up the street turning right toward the bus stop for the morning commute somewhere else. Doors open and close, in the distance I can hear the screen door bang shut. It happens over and over again and I imagine it’s the home of the mother with 4 kids, getting them packed up for the babysitter while she goes to work.

Me, I’m sitting on the porch drinking my coffee getting motivated to go for a run. Something tells me today is going to be hot and humid. Though the morning is marred by grey skies and a soft chill from the dew on the ground, each moment passing brings a heat to the day. I want to go for a jog before my motivation succumbs to the weather.

Ah, but first the morning Joe on porch steps. I breathe in the earthy smell and spend my time watching and living and just being present in the moment. Then time passes and I realize I need to pass with it. I put down the empty cup, pick up the pen to record the moment, and then put on my running shoes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home