My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sunday Scribblings: Astrology

I don’t know if astrology is legit. I mean, we just discovered a new dwarf planet, Eris, in our solar system. Doesn’t this mean the signs are off a little bit? Will people suddenly be born under the sign of Eris, and what will there traits be like?

With that said, I am under the sign of Cancer. Yes, I am a cancerian. In fact, my birthday is less than 15 days away….woot! Most of the traits of a cancer do not reflect my personality. I’m not all about your needs only. I don’t go around trying to complete others with my nurturing warmth. Don’t get me wrong, I care about folks, and my friends are the most important, but there is something about the care giver role of the Cancer that doesn’t jive with me. Yes, I said jive. My motto is, I don’t want save the world, but I will help it save itself.

What does fit is I am a person who needs to carry my home on my back. Where ever I live, my home needs to feel safe, secure, and a nurturing space. For myself and anyone who enters. I also am a freak for details for this move to London. I have spent months now trying to decide what needs to come with me because even on the road, when my home becomes the bags I carry with me, I need to know security, safety, and nurture are what’s inside those bags.

This has been beneficial. Moving across the sea has forced me into a predicament where I am downsizing what I need to feel these things. I find I can live without a lot of things…for now.

So what’s in my bag?

Nothing spectacular really. Clothes, necessities, and shoes. There is also the journal, the cameras, the pens, and chap stick. Don’t ask. What is not in my bag is worry, regret, fear, and apparently liquids over 3 ounces.

As for the astrology in it all. I like this notion of carrying my home, and creating a home that will carry me. As for the rest, I may or may not reflect the sign, but then again I can just blame it on the fact that they forgot to factor in Eris.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off - good luck with the move.
I love the line about not packing worrym regret, fear, and apparently liquids over 3 ounces - well written.
I've always found Cancers to be great teachers.
Waving at you from New York,
Frances

1:33 PM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger nimi said...

Well written! Good luck on your move and happy upcoming birthday. I am a Cancer as well and will be celebrating soon too. I found myself relating to what you had to say.

7:02 PM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Alisha Sharma said...

Astrology is characterized as, "the divination of the alleged impacts of the stars and planets on human undertakings and earthly occasions by their positions and perspectives." There's a well-known axiom that things are "written in the stars," and for adherents of astrology,


Best Astrologer in Mumbai

6:59 AM, April 17, 2020  

Post a Comment

<< Home