My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happy Summer Solstice

I’m sitting down to finally write that paper for a seminar I took. Little did I know that a one day class would have a 7 page paper attached to it. I didn’t plan for it. Didn’t plan for even making an effort here. So, of course, I am spending time listening to music, utube’n, and avoiding any sense of effort towards the paper. Maybe in a little while, aye.

I thought I could spend some time writing while I put off the paper. Much is happening, but little to report. I am currently babysitting a cat for a friend. For about 2 months I have this obnoxiously cute cat living in my home. I have to admit, she’s just what I needed – a little furry friend to hang with before I move. I’m trying not to get too attached. Unfortunately, she has such a wonderful personality, its hard to not fall in love with daily. For example, this morning she woke me with a constant licking of my noise while simultaneously putting a paw on my chest. I pushed her off in a groggy state telling her I didn’t need CPR, I was asleep not dead! She and I then proceeded to head into the kitchen for our normal routine, food for her and the Synthroid for me. She gorges down her food while I begin the coffee.

This is the point in the morning, after she burps and does her morning constitution that she proceeds to walk between my feet until I trip and fall. I know she’s just a kitty who needs some love’n, but I need a moment to stretch and remember what day it is, who am I, and what are my plans for the day. So, what I usually do is grab one of many toys I bought the little puss and toss it; she goes running after it while I get a moments peace to orient myself X4. The thing is she bores with the toys easily. A run and a bat and she’s back at my feet trying to topple me over. Please note, all the petting in the world doesn’t stop her need to entangle herself in my calves.

This morning, I finally found the one toy that she will play with longer then a pat. A tampon. Yes, that’s right. A new, still in the wrapper tampon. The cat can’t get enough of this fun. I discovered this new toy while doing my own constitution one morning. I was in the bathroom, grabbing my own fun-time tampon (GO BLOATED IRRITABILITY!) and dropped one on the floor. Now, Ms. Kitty is not allowed in the bathroom when I pee. It’s a small space and though I love our closeness, I get tired of holding her while peeing because she MUST be on my lap in the bathroom. It’s not hygienic, people! So, while I am grabbing the tampon out of the box, one falls to the floor, and no sooner does it hit the ground then Ms. Puss’s paw comes flying under the door sntaching the thing like it was just the prey she was waiting for. I suddenly felt like I was myself prey being watched under the door. Of course, I had to bend down and stare. And there she was, crotched under the door like some big scary Rapture in that movie, eyes all wild and extended claws, licking her lips at her babysitter. The only thing between me and death, besides the door, was that tampon she was straddling as if to smoother it with her huntress body.

This morning, needing some vertical peace and quiet, I decided to lob that tampon in the air and like some bird she just NEEDS to have, Ms. Puss hightails it with supersonic speed, pouncing on it with sheer glory. For at least a half hour, I heard her batting the hell out of the thing while I drank my coffee. I’m thinking of getting her her own box.

~GoGo

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger sister AE said...

I love it! LOL

4:24 PM, June 21, 2007  
Blogger kunal kundu said...

Ha... ha..... funny!! And well written.....

3:54 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger Nancy said...

What a cool cat!

4:56 AM, June 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home