My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

"Power lines, my travlin' partner on this ride. Dripping, pulling - up and down, in this sing song, their lullaby blends with the swaying train. I curl myself into this journey; folding myself up into this pocket of time. Old familiars greet me - that swing set in the back yard, the ruins of an old church covered in new birth and old - mixed with unremembered newness." Journal Entry, October 13, 2005~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~All words are copyrighted by GoGo on a Page/gogoroku.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Life Without Laughter, Is No Life At All

It’s the end of another over night shift. I am awake and ready to go to breakfast and laugh. I have surrounded myself with people who can do this - just laugh. Tears in our eyes, gut roaring laughter. I have begun to catalogue the different types of laughter in my life. I spent the evening laughing with coworkers, Sunday breakfast is a table of laughs...here’s to it all, and some quotes to boot.

I like laughing. I like a good smile and a good joke. I like people who can succumb to silliness at a drop of a note. (Unknown)

Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with. Mark Twain

Humor is a rubber sword - it allows you to make a point without drawing blood. Mary Hirsch

You can’t deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants. Stephen King

Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh. W.H. Auden

7 Comments:

Blogger virginiavalle.blogspot.com said...

bqhehehehe :) Im thinking the lips draw,but more later..........well a boyfriend withouth sound fun ;).. Thanks for this post :) I will draw to him with a smile.

11:03 AM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger virginiavalle.blogspot.com said...

sorry :without mouth ;)

11:15 AM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger virginiavalle.blogspot.com said...

sorry :without mouth ;)

11:16 AM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger kunal kundu said...

thanx for ur comment! but ur post left me thinking if i have a life at all!!..... but nonetheless, it did bring a bit of life momentarily!

11:54 AM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger GoGo said...

"To have a life" is defined by the value you put on the things you choose to do.

7:12 PM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger Alex S said...

Life would not be worth living without humor in small and large doses. Its saved my spirit, even my marriage at times!

9:06 PM, January 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the part about loving funny people is true!!

4:01 PM, November 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home